Saturday, March 21, 2009

Manga Gods? Or Demons?

So I wake up this afternoon (I think I might have had one of my headaches while I was asleep, judging by the amount of sleep I got). Back to origin! I woke up this afternoon to find MU still loading super-slow, so I ended up checking out MangaFox and MangaTraders before it. Dengeki Daisy, After School Nightmare (growing on me...), and SKIP BEAT! OMG!!!

I'll make myself go in the order I read them (and I was in a "save the best for last" mood). First, After School Nightmare. It took me a long time before I started reading it and when I did, I read about half, quit (due to a "sick and twisted" clause), and recently went back and got myself all caught up (after reading spoilers that made me feel the "sick and twisted" wasn't quite the way it had been originally presented). Still don't think it's for the "fluff" reader, but better than some of the twisted manga out there. Anyway, as far as this chapter goes, it was just one of those "About time" sort of things. And since that's all I have to say, I didn't even need a "Spoiler Warning".

Dengeki Daisy. Another "About time" but this was more an "About time" + "fangirl squeal of joy". They're both finally admitting their feelings (if only to themselves [although in Kurosaki's case, all his friends already know]). And not only are they admitting, they're chosing to act on those feelings. I was so happy when he went after her after learning she loved him because I'd been so mad at him when he had just sent her home! The more mad I am at someone for doing something stupid or unfeeling, the happier I am when they suddenly do the right thing

Finally, the best. Words don't even being to describe how aweseome this chapter is! First off, I wasn't actually expecting it for another few days (after all, it's the 20th today [although it's probably already the 21st in Japan]). Yes quality wasn't the best, but I'm more "GIVE ME NOW" and then I wait for a better quality later to replace it with. As long as I can read enough to know generally what they're saying, I'm satisfied. And now onward to the amazing content! You really do get to see Kyoko's growth as an actress in the way she almost mentor's Amamiya in this chapter. And Amamiya respects her, enough to go out and join LME as a member of the Love Me Section! OH MY GOSH! Not like I actually expected people to be looking at Moko but Amamiya in a Love Me uniform!?! I might have guessed that if I had sat down and forced myself to think about it before as Kyoko's getting ready to run over there, but who does that? All the guessing goes on between chapters, not three-quarters of the way through them. Does have me screaming for the next chapter already, though.
Speaking of Moko, though, I don't think I've seen her for a while...Ren either. Although, the lack of them is important to her growth as well. Before, she really depended on them when doing her acting (look at Sho's promo and the advice on creating a character when she was trying to find Mio). Yes, she did use Ren to teach her how to walk and pose like a model, and while she had little more than advise before, I feel like Natsu is probably the first character that's entirely her own (Bo excluded, I guess). So, I feel the lack of them is probably just highlighting the way Kyoko is becoming a more self-sufficient actress. Still want them back though...

While I'm in Skip Beat fan-girl mode, I'l like to switch over to the anime real fast. When they didn't start Dark Moon until there were only a handful of episodes left, I figured they'd have to do more than 25 episodes or they'd be cutting off in the middle. But it's been progressing much faster than I thought it would and epiosde 23 ending with Ren's issues creating his character, I feel like it'd probably be a piece of cake to wrap up that problem in the two remaining episodes and end the anime that way. I DON'T WANT THAT! Don' wanna, don' wanna! I want to see the Beagles and Ren's daddy and Natsu (especially Natsu). Yes, we will be getting one of my favorite parts (namely, Ren and Kyoko discovering Ren's character in his apartment) but there's so much more to see!

Alright. Time to get my lazy rear in gear and get in the shower.

Gosh, the manga fairy is smiling upon me today. New chapter of Special A, too. Gearing up for the final show-down. Somehow, kind of sad to see it end, but it's probably about time. The 90-some chapters this series will consist of is plenty long enough; after all, that's what's really important, is that a series is "long enough" without becoming boring. And the fact that I'm kind of sad it's ending shows it's a good time to end.

I almost sent an e-mail complaining about my Cipher 6 (which, according to USPS is still nothing more than notification of shipping). In the end, I decided to wait until the 2th (when amazon said it would arrive). I was checking out the different comments people had left on the seller, and several of the bad ones accused seller of being defensive, and based on the "Seller Comments" left underneath, I believe them. No "I'm sorry there was confusion but...(defense)." No, it was more like "What part of (such and such) don't you understand...Check and see what amazon had to say at the time of your order and then I bet you'll feel pretty silly...You ordered (all caps here) and that's what you got". By being rude on amazon (no matter how frustrated seller is), he's only proving that he can only run an internet business because he's got poor customer service. Yes, 90-some percent positive feedback is good, but whenever there's a problem with the order, it's never his fault, always the fault of the buyer (something he repeatedly tells them on amazon). And since several people complained about rude e-mails, I bet he's telling them that on e-mails as well. All-in-all those responses are probably what scared me off of sending my e-mail today. Nope. I'm sending it. The package hasn't even been processed in California yet and there's no way it's getting all the way across the country in the three business days left until the 24th. I sent it. Basically, all I said was that I ordered Cipher the 2nd, recieved a tracking number the 7th and the USPS only says they've received notification it will be shipped. Then I asked for confirmation that the package was handed off to the USPS by the 9th (they date they promised in my last e-mail). I tried to be as non-confrontational in my wording as possible (but this is getting ridiculous). If I do get a rude response, I'm so burning them on amazon.

On to more plesant topics. I'm about a third of the way through my lion book. It's good. Not consumingly good, although, with a book almost 500 pages, that's usually a plus, not a minus. 150-200 pages I have the time to sit down and read it all in one go; not soo 496 pages (at least with books larger than standard paperback size).

I'm carefully avoiding working on the tool shelf I destroyed yesterday by working on the lamp and the table beneath it (although I haven't technically gotten to the table yet). Since our lock is dying, we've been trying to leave the door open, so I'm considering going into the front room and working on my stocking and watching Star Wars. ...that lasted long. Let's see, Han rescued Luke from the freezing cold and then I switched everything off and read another two chapters of the Lion book. Getting very interesting and I'm often finding myself comparing the Roman society it's set in to modern-day American society. Let's see, you've got unlimited tolerance (except for the Christians and Jews of course; can't give them the same freedoms), open homosexuals, feminitsts, one-night-stands and the entertainment found in death (although, theirs was quite literal and we consol ourselves with the fact that it's only acting). America really is killing itself with "tolerance".

Woooh- I just made myself feel completely naseus by spinning my chair around a few times. Why are humans such gluttons for punishment at times?

I just forced myself to work on my site. I managed to force myself to do another four pages, but gave up in disgust after that. I hate doing scanlator pages. So I tried calling Jalie (since 20 mintues isn't near long enough to satsify me), but she was hanging out with friends and couldn't talk. So, now I'm back to spinning my chair in circles and pressing the refresh button as I spin past, hoping for a new release.

I have the huge urge to shop online. But I can't afford to buy anything. I'm already well over budget this week. I just can't seem to settle down to anything. I read a chapter or two of my lion book, surf the net for a bit, check the releaeses and MU forums, do a row or two on my stocking and then start all over again. I'm usually quite content to spend an evening at home, left to my own devices, but tonight, it's grating. And (thanks to my mom and the robberies before Spring Break), I haven't the courage to justs go out and wander around on the campus alone at this time of night (which is probably a good thing); had this happened earlier in the day, I would have found something to do, but...

No comments:

Post a Comment