Saturday, March 7, 2009

[Rant] Annoyed musings + Tiny excerpt

Hum, has anyone gone through being asked to beta-read for someone who's not willing to take in critique and listen to your comments to improve themselves, even when you were asked by the other to do it for them?

It's annoying that I took out my time to beta-read this horrible cliched piece of writing, only to have my efforts wasted when the other person didn't want to listen to the comments and outright said that they'd *ignore* them. How fucking irritating is that? And that person was already forewarned that I am a very tough beta-reader; I come down hard on over fantastic, self-insertation, mary-sue and excessive use of cliches stories, and I take a professional approach when it comes to grammar, punctuation and such.

But fuck, that person said that they got frustrated at my comments. Screw them, they had no idea how painful it was to read it because of all the overused cliches, bad BAD grammar, INFLUENCE OF OTHER GAMES (OMGWTFBBQ) and the self-insert character. I don't like self-inserts unless it's for a DAMN good reason and the character better not fucking be a mary-sue as the story progresses.

I went through ONE chapter before I completely gave up. I refuse to do the second that they sent and deleted those documents from my laptop. According to another companion who corresponds between the both of us, that other person thinks that they don't want me to be their beta-reader anymore because they are frustrated at my comments. They? Frustrated at *me*? Hah. That's a laugh.

For fuck's sake; save me my time and efforts and dont fucking ask me to do this shit for you if you don't want to fucking listen to me. Who the fuck says that Australia doesn't have something known as a Christmas break? Sure the seasons are swapped around in comparison to Japan's seasons but fucking hell, using the same word twice in the sentence is REDUNDANT, especially when you already mention that it was summer and then you go on to say summer break. Fuck. 

Apparently they don't have enough creativity to go and search up different places in Japan to set their story. *le gasp* it's set in the Udagawa district of *Shibuya* where their self insert makes squee references to TWEWY. And spray painting walls. Shit, it's obvious that it's grafitti. You make it sound like your reader is stupid enough not to realize it.

Someone shoot me. I'm so fucking annoyed and now I still have that migraine that's been slapping my brain since yesterday. And I haven't been able to do my uni work. Shit. Makes me wonder if I didn't have to do that fucking crap, I would have been able to be headache free with all my work done for the coming tutorials.


Hum, and I wrote very bloody things last night because of these dreams I've been having lately. I'll only give a short excerpt, when I'm in a worse off detached mood I'll continue with it before I post it out here.


He was surrounded with nothing but black. No light, no ominous swirling of shadows; just black. His legs and arms refused to obey his mind’s screams to move, struggling against invisible chains that kept him anchored on the spot. His voice had left him and his skin began to crawl, his body shivering as a sense of foreboding swept through his conscious.

Lifting his head up, he spotted a twinkle of something metallic blink from above him. Again he struggled, but his limbs failed to move as the object grew closer, speeding down from the sky at an alarming rate. Without warning, the sword pierced through his chest solidly, pinning him on the wall behind him viciously as blood splattered around him upon impact.

His vision began to blur as his body screamed in pain. Faintly he tasted the coppery tinge of blood in his mouth, feeling it pour out from his lips and dribble down his chin like a running faucet. His arms fell to his side lifelessly as his spine slouched against the wall, like a puppet whose strings were abruptly cut halfway through a performance.

‘This looks… like… Pixie’s…’
The thought went unfinished as his eyes became blank and void of emotion, his body finally slumping against the bloodied sword that had him pinned against the wall. The sword stuck through his chest had an intricate design of hearts and crowns, bearing a beautiful pearly white color that was now doused in the red of blood.


*Note: The 'pixie' the boy mentions is his nickname for his younger sister. The boy is the second of the triplets and only boy.

No comments:

Post a Comment